✈️ 🌱 🕊️
Hello everyone. My name is Maria. (I would say blogger here, but I don’t think that single title describes me well). I’m based in the UK. I am Maria Avi. Someone who loves love. Someone who loves to have fun. Someone who is a motivator. Someone who likes to travel, who likes to write. Someone who is healing. A mogul in the making. Someone whose mind runs. Someone who is a jet setter go getter type of person. Sometimes. Someone who appreciates peace. I am unaware of all that I truly am. But I am aware enough to tell you that I am more than a blogger. I am Maria Avi.
I am super excited to be here. I’m really excited to share my travel experiences and creative writing with you. On this website I share ideas, tips, and thoughts surrounding my plant based lifestyle. I also share creative writing : poems that aim to inspire, advise and foster positivity. Local and international travel is something that I am keen to do a lot more of, so stay tuned for travel tips and inspiration.
What can you really expect from MARIAAVI.COM ? Is it just an extension of your YouTube channels? NO. Maria Avi Vlogs focuses on my day to day life. Maria Avi focuses primarily on nursing content. MARIAAVI.COM will focus on…
✈️ 🌱 🕊️
PLANT BASED SPACE
CREATIVE WRITING. POEMS. ADVICE
✈️ 🌱 🕊️
My website is geared towards those who want to live a drama free (most of the time) and fulfilling life. Who want to see the rest of the world, and stay true to themselves while doing it. For those who want insight into how the mind of a millennial works.
✈️ 🌱 🕊️
That morning I woke up around 7am. I set my alarm for 5am but that didn’t work out. I spent a lot of yesterday travelling and preparing for today. I finally got up at 7am. I told myself, if you get up now and pass this exam you won’t have to worry about it ever again.
So, I got out of bed and had a shower. I went to get something to eat. It was a quite morning. Most of the students at my halls had gone home or were still in bed. For breakfast I had the rest of my orange juice. I also ate some cold strawberries I forgot I had. I had left them in the fridge but because I was so busy the evening before, I hadn’t got around to eating them. Once I had the opportunity to eat them, they were too cold, so I gave them away to some random guy who was doing building repairs.
I grabbed my suitcase I had packed the day before, my adidas rucksack and headed out the door. It was a pleasant morning, not to hot, not to cold. As I got closer to university, I started to get hot. Then I got prickly hot. By the time I got to the university library I felt uh, like I could do with having a shower all over again. But I was still hopeful.
Once I got to the library, I sat down. I did some revision. I googled things I wish I had done the night before. Oh well. 5 minutes before my OSCE exam time. It’s never too late to relearn what a bruit is. I set of to the venue. There was no rush. There was no commotion. I was the only one who had to retake the exam. The mood was calm.
A man rushed past me. I sat on a chair. Tried to get some last-minute revision in. Five more minutes they said. Okay.
I was called in for my exam. They explained what I had to do. I walked into the room. A man was sat in a chair. I did what I had to do. I checked all the boxes. I repeated that three more times.
There was a hum in the air. A positive commotion. I could finally breath. I started to go over all the things I said and did during my exam. I had done it all. For the first time in a long time I was 100% sure I had met all the exam requirements.
I slowly made my way to the library. I say slowly because I was floating. It was a long time since felt this high.
So what is in my placement bag? Or what should I take to placement? I am sure that a lot of you guys have asked yourself this question plenty of times. To help you out, I thought I’d list the contents of my placement bag.
If you don’t already know I am a student nurse studying at degree level In the UK. The reason why I say this because from my time on the internet, I have gathered that student nurses from across the world are expected to take different things with them to placement.
I have a YouTube video for those who would like to watch what Is in my student nurse placement bag.
What I take to placement:
- My uniform. Obviously, unless you are on a community health placement where you may be asked to wear smart casual clothes. At the beginning of first year I was given five very white tunics and five navy trousers to go with them. Now that I am approaching the end of my nursing degree. I have four not so white tunics and four navy trousers.
- A watch. A fob watch is ideal. The only reason I take a watch, as in a wrist watch, is because I have had three toooooo many fob watches die on me when I needed them the most. If anyone knows where I can get a reliable fob watch, palllease let me know.
- Black pens; a handful. People will take your pens and you will take theirs. You don’t need blue, red or green pens. They do not photocopy well so they are not ideal for the safe and efficient use of patient notes. TIP: if you make a mistake, cross It out with a single black line. Blue, red and green pens are not needed. Only black.
- Eye torch. I use these bad boys when I am taking neuro obs (observations). Here is a very useful website that explains what neuro obs are. Almost every placement I have been on has had a box of eye torches stashed in a corner. Eye torches are not necessary for all placements. If it is, your placement should have one for you to keep.
- Black shoes. They don’t have to be completely black, but the blacker the better. Make sure that they are made of material that is somewhat bodily fluid proof and easy to wipe clean. Clinell wipes are not just for equipment you know! I got my current ones from sports direct. They are completely black, easy to wipe clean, very comfortable, lightweight, good quality, affordable, aaand, they don’t look like they belong in the stone age.
- Mini notepad. This is useful for jotting things down. For example, in my notepad, I write down new topics that I am introduced to while on placement. I also make a note of patient observations when the tablets decide not to work!
- Keys, purse, hand cream, lip gloss, and pocket tissues. Breakfast, lunch and dinner for that 13 hour shift!
To put all of this in I recommend an Adidas rucksack. In my opinion, they are the most practical rucksack to carry my placement things in. Please don’t take a handbag or a one-sided satchel. They are not so comfy when travelling long distances. Adidas rucksacks or rucksacks in general are spacious and the adjustable straps mean that you can wear it with comfort. One reason why I brought the Adidas rucksack over other backpacks is because it has a separate pocket at the back. This is perfect for putting my laptop in when I go to the library. Because the separate pocket rests on your back it is perfect for giving some of your items that extra bit of security. It also acts as extra padding.
Side note: I brought my rucksack during my first placement. I am in fourth year and it is still super comfortable.